Eeny meeny miny moe, who did Negan kill?
After rewatching and analyzing the season finale episode over and over again I came to this conclusion:
– First things first,
- Rick is definitely safe from Lucille (if you watch the eeny miny mo part, you would see that the second to the last person that Negan picked was him)
- Carl is also safe since Negan remarked that he is a future serial killer.
- Also, Negan said something like this, “If anybody moves, cut the boy’s other eye out and feed it to his father”, which is an obvious clue that Rick and Carl are safe (because duh, how can you take Carl’s eye out if his head is already smashed and how can Rick eat it if he’s already dead?)
– In the comics, Negan doesn’t kill children or women so I can conclude that Maggie, Rosita, Michonne and Sasha are safe
- Plus, you can hear women screaming in the pitch black scene
- Also, if you listen carefully to the grunting sound of the target, it sounds like it came from a guy and not a girl
- Now we are left with Daryl, Abraham, Eugene, Glenn and Aaron.
– If you analyzed the episode, you would notice Negan’s shadow on Rick move to the left so that would exclude Aaron who is on the right.
- Plus, Aaron is not a main character!
- This leaves Daryl, Abraham, Eugene and Glenn.
– Whoever is hit by Lucille lifts their head a second time even after their head has been smashed in with the bat wrapped with barbed wire, indicating that the person is tough or is used to being beaten up. Also, if you notice from the POV of the target, he sees things clearly and nothing covering his sight (like hair or a patch – another clue that it’s not Carl)
- Daryl had been shot and would most likely lost a lot of blood so he would also most likely would’ve passed out on the first blow. You can also see that his hair was covering his eyes so if he was the victim then we wouldn’t be able to see the screen so clearly, right?
- This leaves Abraham, Eugene and Glenn.
- Eugene is seen crying as Negan rounds the group, so he most likely wouldn’t have gotten up again, and he had also been beaten up by the Saviours so was likely in weak condition.
- This leaves Glenn and Abraham!
So we are left with this two and I can bet that it’s either one of them
Why I think it’s Abraham:
- When Negan first hit the person with his bat he said something along the lines of “oh, you’re taking it like a champ”
- Previously, when he was walking around the circle and stopped at Abraham he stood up on his knees and his body language was basically saying he was ready and could take it.
- Abraham was the only one who could directly look Negan in the eye
- He’s the largest and most healthiest of them all and most likely the most capable of them all to withstand a beating and still get up.
- I’ve noticed foreshadowing from previous episodes (like focusing on his story or him wanting to have a future with Sasha)
- Female screaming from the final scenes could indicate Rosita and Sasha crying out for him.
Why I think it’s Glenn:
- Foreshadowing: Maggie’s pregnancy and that one time where Glenn was the first one to see the pictures of all the victims of Negan and Lucille.
- He’s the obvious choice since he was the one who got “Lucilled” in the comics
- So okay, here’s what really made me decide that Glenn might be the one; try playing the final (pitch black) scene in slow-motion and listen carefully, I’m quite sure you will hear a female voice cry out and Idk about you but what I hear is the name, “Glenn”.
So there you have it! My own theory of who died in the finale.
Do you agree or not? Comment down below.
But seriously though, if I had to wait for months just to find out that Glenn is dead after that unnecessary cliffhanger, I am going to be LIVID!
(TV Series VS. Comics Death)